CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 11 July 2011

A Reality Check on Teacher

Today has marked the third week of my teaching as a student teacher. I imagined this day ever since I signed up for this course. I used to break into a sweat just thinking about having students staring at me while teaching. The course has gone very smoothly up till this point and I have come a long way in building confidence over the last 5 years. Yup, it was a very long journey!

For the past two weeks, I realized that it was not easy to be a teacher. Preparing the lesson plans for two classes was the greatest challenge given my time constraints of only having 24 hours per day to work with. Having to deal with students who were defended and closed off to learning made it even more difficult. 

For the past two weeks, I have seen my friends working very hard to prepare their lesson plans. I have seen them rushing here and there to get their notes and worksheets for the next lesson photocopied. All this made me wonder! If only the students could see all the efforts put in by their school teachers. If only the teachers room was made up of glass wall which allowed students to see what their teachers were doing for them. If only...

For the past two weeks, I have learnt that we only truly understand things when we have the opportunity to experience them ourselves. Therefore, some people might be right: A student can never understand the work of a teacher. 

All the best, teachers. 

1 Words of Love:

Candace said...

Hi Miss Flo! (hope you don't mind me calling you that :-/)
I really respect your point of view of how teachers work. Indeed it's never an easy job. & I do think sometimes students do realize how hard the teachers work. However for me, I guess it's not the matter of whether we don't know, but sadly the fact that sometimes we are just being rather ignorant and "getting used to" our teachers efforts until we seem like..we're careless?I think thats the word?and again it is sad to say that :(
However I'm here just to let you know that you're doing a great job so far as our English teacher here in 4sc1! For me, and I think for all of us, we enjoy ur teaching :)
Thank u very much for ur patience and for being such a "sporting" teacher ! Haha :D
For the times we were hyper with all our actions and words and giggles (which is most probably all the time hehe) >_<
Many apologíes. These batch of students are what we call a "handful" :) I should know cause I admit of being one of them. >_<
Anyway, great blogpost! I really do hope you continue enjoying to teach us and the other class during your practical course here in SMKTD.
Kudos to u teacher! :) best of luck and god bless.
Cheers,
Candace